The home inspection provides a general “top-to-bottom” evaluation of the property, including inspection of the house structure and the major systems and components, such as the roof, electrical system, plumbing system, and air conditioning system.
On the surface, a home may appear to be in good shape, but our experience from inspecting both new and older homes throughout Central Oklahoma tells us that structural issues, roofing problems, electrical defects, plumbing issues, and many other significant problems are more prevalent than should be expected, and that minor deficiencies generally affect all properties.
Also, major maintenance and repair costs, such as the need for complete replacement of the roof or the air conditioning system, may be a near term or immediate concern.
Our intent is to provide you with the facts concerning the real condition of the home so that you may proceed with knowledge and confidence. With this information you can go about getting any deficiencies taken care of on your own, determine whether proceeding with the purchase of the home is prudent, or perhaps use this knowledge to negotiate the terms of your home purchase.
The scope of our inspection includes:
The following is a partial listing of the systems and components observed during the home inspection (pre-purchase inspection)*
- Roof: roof covering (shingles, tiles, etc.), flashing and sealing materials, skylights, chimneys, roof penetrations, ventilation, guttering.
- Structural: roof, wall, and floor structures and foundations of the house, and attached structures (porches, decks, etc.).
- Exterior and grounds: siding and trim, soffit and fascia, flashing, windows & doors, driveways and entrance walkways, grading of the ground around the house.
- Electrical: service equipment, general circuit wiring, distribution panels, disconnect panels, light fixtures, ceiling fans, switches & receptacle outlets, GFCI and AFCI breakers
- Heat & A/C: air conditioning and heat pump equipment, electrical supply, air handler and furnace equipment, condenser and evaporator coils, condensate drain, supply and return ducting.
- Plumbing: water heater, water supply piping, hose bibs, waste and vent piping, fixtures, toilets, sinks, showers and tubs.
- Appliances: oven, dishwasher, garbage disposal, range, vent hood, microwave Interior: walls, floors, ceilings, windows and doors, fireplaces, stairways.
- Garage: floor, walls, ceilings, vehicle doors and automatic door openers.